Every day, the dedicated staff of ACACC is at work.
Anderson County Animal Care & Control officers are in action every day, handling many routine calls, as well as emergency situations with pets and wild animals. They are charged with enforcing the state’s mandated animal ordinances, as well as sharing educational information about responsible pet ownership and the humane treatment of animals. Offices for ACACC are located at the courthouse in Clinton, and the Anderson County Animal Shelter is located at 1480 Blockhouse Valley Road in Clinton. The ACACC team also:
- Investigate animal bites. An animal that bites is quarantined and placed under observation to make sure no threat of rabies exists.
- Investigate animal cruelty and abuse, complaints of animal noise annoyance, unsanitary conditions, and abandoned animals.
- Rescue injured or sick animals
- Control stray and potentially dangerous animals roaming at large
- Transport pets to the animal shelter where their owners can reclaim them.